A Sustainable House (Mini Game!)

 A Sustainable House (Mini Game!)

Hi! I'm so glad you're here.
This post is not actually inspired by the Environmental Vote Machine; my dad actually came up with the idea! I hope you like this post and the mini game at the end!


Introduction

Let’s be real for a second: when people hear “sustainability,” they imagine complicated science charts or adults arguing about carbon emissions. Honestly, though, a lot of it starts right at home, like in your kitchen, your bathroom, even that random drawer full of plastic utensils you forgot existed. :)
This post is about making your house a successful little ecosystem and helping the planet at the same time!

Whole House Fans 

Air conditioning is like that friend who shows up in a giant truck, blasts loud music, eats all your snacks, and drains your wallet on the way out. It works… but it’s intense. :)

Whole house fans are a better option, because of their cost benefits and sustainable use. The whole house fans pulls cool air in through open windows and pushes hot air up and out through the attic. Especially in places with cooler evenings (Like California nights), it can replace AC use or at least reduce it a lot.

It uses way less electricity than AC, cools your house fast when it’s not scorching outside, and makes your home feel naturally fresh instead of artificially cold.

We had a whole house fan installed in our attic, and our AC bills dramatically decreased.

Plastic

I used to think plastic was just limited to everyday bottles and bags, but the truth is, it’s hidden in almost everything we touch. 


From our morning toothbrushes and kitchen utensils to storage bins and random everyday items, plastic is completely unavoidable. 


The real issue is the lifecycle: most of these products are used for just a fraction of our lives, yet they persist in landfills and oceans for hundreds of years. 


Switching to sustainable alternatives like bamboo and wood makes a massive difference. Trading a plastic toothbrush for a bamboo one, using wooden cooking utensils, or opting for bamboo organizers are simple, highly effective ways to reduce our environmental footprint.


Conclusion

Sustainability at home isn’t really about doing everything perfectly or changing your whole life overnight.

It’s more about noticing what’s already there and quietly replacing the parts that don’t make sense anymore.

Less plastic where it’s unnecessary. Less energy wasted when there’s a simpler option. Small choices that don’t feel big in the moment, but add up over time.

Making these changes in your own house makes your little "ecosystem" feel safer and more beneficial to our planet. :)



Okay, I know that was a lot (it’s worth it, trust me), but if you’ve been reading my posts every weekend and following along with me, I just want to say a big thank you. I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoy my content. :) ๐ŸŒŽ 

And now...the game!


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm sorry you didn't like it! I updated a few paragraphs to make them flow better, so if you'd like to check it out again, I'd really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the mini game PS my profile is supposed to be :rat๐Ÿ˜ but the iPad isn’t working

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 Super Fun Original Arcade Games :)

Save the Planet Challenge! (Mini Game Inside!)

Reptiles Vs. Birds: A Demented Game