How to Make the Internet's Favorite Endangered Animals...From Clay

 How to Make the Internet's Favorite Endangered Animals...From Clay

Hi, I'm so glad you're here!
One of my most recent posts, “6 Super Fun Original Arcade Games :)”, became really popular, so I decided to make more posts that combine creativity... and learning (of course).

This post reflects one of my favorite hobbies: sculpting with polymer clay!

Today, I’ll show you how to make some adorable endangered animals while also learning a little about conservation and why these animals matter.

1. Axolotl

You’ve probably seen axolotls online before because they got really popular recently. I mean… look at them. They just look like they’re smiling all the time. :)

Axolotls are amphibians from Mexico, but sadly they’re critically endangered in the wild because of pollution, habitat loss, and invasive species.

One thing that makes axolotls really unusual is that they stay underwater their whole lives and keep some of their baby features even as adults. They can also regrow body parts, which is one reason scientists study them so much.

Honestly, they’re probably one of the weirdest and cutest animals ever discovered.
(More information here!)

How to Make a Cute Axolotl:

Side Note: I'm gonna be real right now: I don't think clay tutorials are very easy to explain through words alone, and they can also be hard to follow that way.
Because of that, all of these tutorials are videos.
Thank you for understanding!

This tutorial is easy to intermediate, and I would recommend this one if you are a beginner at sculpting and working with clay.


2. Red Panda


You’ve probably seen red pandas online before too, especially in cute animal videos or photos. They honestly look like a mix between a raccoon and a really fluffy fox.. :)

Red pandas live in mountain forests in Asia, but sadly they’re endangered because of habitat loss, deforestation, and climate change.

One thing that makes red pandas really interesting is that they spend a lot of time in trees and use their super fluffy tails to help keep themselves warm during cold weather.


How to Make a Cute Red Panda:

This tutorial is intermediate to hard, depending on your level of skill. It was hard, even for me. If this is easy for you, then you are very skilled, and you should definitely comment and send me a picture of your red panda!


3. Sea Otter


Sea otters became really popular online because people started posting videos of them floating around, holding hands, and smashing shells with rocks. 

Sea otters live along coastlines and oceans, but some populations are threatened by pollution, oil spills, habitat destruction, and climate change.

One thing that makes sea otters really unusual is that they have incredibly thick fur instead of blubber to keep warm. Their fur is actually one of the densest in the animal kingdom.

Sea otters also help ocean ecosystems by controlling sea urchin populations, which helps protect kelp forests.

Unfortunately, I ran out of clay the specific colors of the sea otter, and couldn't make it. If you made a sea otter, or any one of these animals at home, I would love for you to send me a picture of it (at this email: swaraaganesh@gmail.com) and leave a comment below!
Thank you for your understanding!

Thank you for visiting!

Comments

  1. The axolotl is so cute and so is the red panda also I’m sad you couldn’t make the Sea otter๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I just ran out of the right colors of clay. :(
      I hope someone who reads this makes a sea otter on their own!

      Delete
  2. They are rlly good I tried making them but accidentally put the air dry lay in the oven and melted

    ReplyDelete
  3. More crafts tutorials crafts pls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new stuff you made for

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 Super Fun Original Arcade Games :)

Save the Planet Challenge! (Mini Game Inside!)

Reptiles Vs. Birds: A Demented Game